15 May 2009

All things must come to an end

Today just happens to be my graduation. Around 7 p.m. and I will receive an A.A. degree. The good part about it is that we are not liable to sit in alphabetical order so I will be able to sit next to my friends. The worst part about it is that things like this always gives me the nerves.
It's too hot once Alabama gets into summer weather mood so I was not planning on wearing tights. That idea lasted about an hour until I learned that today in 1940 nylon stockings went on sale for the first time in the U.S. So, in honor of history I decided that I will be wearing stockings.
Here is a picture of the dress I will be wearing under my cap and gown tonight:



"There is no living thing that is not afraid when it faces danger. The true courage is in facing danger when you are afraid, and that kind of courage you have in plenty."
The above quote comes from one of my favorite books. L. Frank Baum, the author of the famous Wizard of Oz book, has a birthday today (1856). L. Frank Baum always excites me because of the amazing fantasy world he creates. I can't be the only person who would love to go over the rainbow.
Here are some Wizard of Oz--inspired fashion pictures for your enjoyment...









James Mason would also be celebrating a birthday today (1909). I have to mention him because he ranks very near the top of my favorite old movie actors. Everything he does seems to be great, from Heaven Can Wait to Lolita to Bigger Than Life, not to mention A Star is Born. Ah, sometimes I feel like we've already seen all the great movie offers that this world can offer...



In terms of fashion, the Erdem Resort 2010 collection, which featured abstracted florals and embroidered patterns and even had a hint of Japanese to it...
source: style.com









Yesterday my new t-shirt came in the mail just in time to wear for graduation rehearsal. It came from Mental Floss, which sells the absolute best t-shirts; I own 3 of them.





2 comments:

H @ Narnia's Closet said...

congrats on the graduation!

Anonymous said...

congrats on graduating!