19 August 2009

In and Around Town...

Went to run some errands yesterday and decided to have a shopping day.

I bought a book called Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson. I originally noticed it because it reminded me of Breakfast at Tiffany's, which is one of my favorite movies. It doesn't sound like a bad read either.

For those interested, here is a synopses:
"Jane Margaux is a lonely little girl. Her mother, a powerful Broadway producer, makes time for her only once a week, for their Sunday trip to admire jewelry at Tiffany's. Jane has only one friend: a handsome, comforting, funny man named Michael. He's perfect. But only she can see him. Michael can't stay forever, though. On Jane's ninth birthday he leaves, promising her that she'll soon forget him.

Years later, in her thirties, Jane is just as alone as she was as a child. And despite her own success as a playwright, she is even more trapped by her overbearing mother. Then she meets someone–a handsome, comforting, funny man. He's perfect. His name is Michael..."



I bought these flats from the Miley Cyrus/Max Azria line for Wal Mart. They're decorated at the top with these cute little studs, and for only $10! Miley Cyrus is a guilty pleasure.





What I wore out shopping:







(Details: Dillards t-shirt, Thrifted Gap skirt, WM shoes, Dillards Trench)

6 comments:

Glowing Doll said...

Not a fan of Miley but these shoes are very cool. Do you think Walmart in Canada has them too?

Couture Carrie said...

Lovely skirt and DIY flats! Fabulous work, M!

xoxox,
CC

Unknown said...

I read the same book! I kind of felt sad for the "poor little rich girl" in the beginning. I won't tell you the end. But it was a lovely read :)

Awesome flats! And a great buy too :)

Kira Aderne said...

You really look beautiful girl!

Those flats are fierce!

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!
I enjoy it a lot!
Kisses and hugs,

Kira

Winnie said...

I really like those shoes actually. The studs are a nice touch.

Two Pink Thoughts said...

ooh! I love your shoes!! x