28 August 2009

The Glorious Post--Teenage Years...



Today I am celebrating my 20th birthday. It's quite strange that I'm out of my teenage years. I've been trying to repeat it in my head that I'm 20, but I don't think it has fully set in yet.



This morning I awoke to my father giving me a bouquet of flowers, which he stuck various dollar bills into. It was a pretty creative idea.



Mom is the cake fan, whose favorite part of celebrating birthdays is the cake. I'm waiting to see what she's going to surprise me with this year.



Probably the most interesting thing that happened on my birthday was that Martin Luther King delivered his "I Have a Dream" speech at the Lincoln Memorial back in 1963.

9 comments:

erika sorocco said...

Happy, happy birthday! I hope you have a splendrous day! :)

Syed said...

Happy happy happy birthdaaaaay :) Hope you're having a fab day!!

Couture Carrie said...

Happy Birthday, darling M!
Enjoy!

xoxox,
CC

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!!The fun is just beggining!

Amelia said...

Happy birthday! Congrats on hitting the big 2-0. I love the first picture.

Anonymous said...

happpy birthday!
i love birthdays:)
xx

street angel said...

Happy Birthday!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Happy bday lady!! Get ready for an amazing decade. I'd relive my twenties again in a second!

yiqin; said...

Happy birthday! Nice photos :D