07 August 2009

Mr. Keillor...

Humorist Garrison Keillor is 67 today (1942). Being very young to nonexistent when his radio show went off the air, he has easily become a favorite of mine after watching the movie A Prairie Home Companion, about his show of the same name. I own the DVD and have read one of his books, Leaving Home. (All quotes are from Garrison Keillor)

"It's a shallow life that doesn't give a person a few scars."



"Lake Wobegon, the little town that time forgot and the decades cannot improve."



"I believe in looking reality straight in the eye and denying it."



"A book is a gift you can open again and again."

3 comments:

erika sorocco said...

I have never heard of him before, but you've piqued my interest just enough to make me want to pick up one of his books! :)

Amelia said...

That's such a funny show. It's always strange for me when I see a picture of him, because that's not how I imagine him looking at all.

yiqin; said...

Wow, the book seems interesting. Gonna check them out!