04 August 2009

Vuitton and Awards...

Fashion Designer Louis Vuitton was born today in 1821. Here are some Louis Vuitton ads that have passed our eyes over the years...

Francis Ford and Sophia Coppola:



Keith Richards:



Mikhail Gorbachev:



Scarlett Johansson:



Sean Connery:



I received my very first blog award from Fashion After Forty



As for the 10 random facts about me:

1. I've never been off the continent and I hope this path does not stick with me. I've been out of the country to Canada and Mexico, but that's about it.

2. I love anything with blueberries-- ice cream, muffins, waffles, etc.

3. This is the 6th town I've lived in. My father has a complex and cannot settle down. We've been at this house for 3 years, and my father is already looking a new for someplace else to live!

4. If you ever meet me in real life you'll find that I'm quite shy. This may be a big reason why I love blogging. I don't tell anyone about my blog so my family and friends don't even know that I write one.

5. I don't have a driver's license, and I'm 19 years old. I have a permit, but I never really get the chance to drive.

6. I'm addicted to Facebook, and I'm always updating my status. I have a Myspace, but now I avoid it because it kind of bores me.

7. I'm excited to turn 20 (in 24 days). I really do not like the feeling of being a teenager.

8. I'm going to school as an English major. It's been my dream since I was 9 years old to be a writer.

9. I have a big love for the Everly Brother's music. My Ipod is stacked with it.

10. I don't live by any really great shopping stores; there's only a Maurices and JC Penny in this town. Plus I do not have a vehicle, so shopping is not fun where I live. But when I can get to the good shopping places, I love it.

I will now tag:
Cafe Fashionista
Ambiguous Alliterative Abomination
Syd Vicious Lives
District of Chic
Ren Clothed

Rules: copy the award picture, add to your blog - Link it back to My Life in Clothes.

14 comments:

Helen said...

Happy birthday Louis Vuitton! I love blueberries too :D

Rachel @ The Haute Notes said...

Such fabulous Louis Vuitton ads!

crystal said...

Thank you, I will mention it in my next post! :)

I don't have a license either and I'm 20, haha!

we wear things said...

aww love their ads!

indigotangerine said...

Never a huge LV fan but the picture of sophia coppola is pretty much perfect (because she is just awesome)
-indigo

Diary of a Young Designer said...

Happy b-day Louie! I got my driver's license at 20, lol.

xo
Sophie

✿ren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I don't love LV but the photoshoots are simply gorgeous and may just be enough to change my mind! hahahaha still too ex though :P

Don't worry, I don't have a driving license either and I'm older than you by about 3 years >_<
Also, I just had blueberries this afternoon! They do taste quite different from the artificial ones though, the latter being tangibly more sour. Love both all the same!

Thank you for tagging me :DD

Ella Gregory said...

I love Vuitton ads.

Syed said...

The Coppola's LV campaign will always be one my favourites :) Congratulations on the award! Yum at blueberry ice cream lol.

erika sorocco said...

I never fully appreciated Scarlett Johansson's looks until I saw her in the Dolce & Gabbana and Louis Vuitton adverts. She's so striking. And very intelligent.

Congrats on the award - extremely well-deserved! Thank you for bestowing it upon me; you're the sweetest!

Lara said...

I think my favourite Louis Vuitton ad has been the Francis Ford and Sofia Coppola one, its brilliant. I like the latest one too, with the astronauts, to celebrate 40 yrs since the moon landing.

L xx

Unknown said...

Nice getting to know new people!

I got your message on going when you're leaving for college. I knew it would be soon ;)

You're going to have so much fun!

Sylvia said...

Ooh, yummy blueberries...Oh and question, do you like moving so much? Is there some place you wish you could have stayed at? Thanks for your comment!