30 August 2009

Playing Catch Up...

Sorry, I've been such a pathetic blogger lately. So, this is an attempt to catch you up...

My birthday was in good spirits. It started with a morning jog with my brother. Then off to meet my sister and mother at Maurices and do some birthday shopping and from there, I ended up cake shopping with my mother. Then, I returned home for some distracted packing time until the family all went out to dinner. Then, I ended up at the theatre with some friends to hang out on my last night in town and watch Halloween II. I'm not a follower of the Halloween movies, so needless to say, I had some confusion. Then I returned home to finish packing until the wee hours of 3 a.m.



Yesterday morning I moved into my dorm. It is quite small and not very homely when you first see it. But I decorated accordingly and now have a quaint little loft. The beds are raised to almost 5 feet off the ground. I have to use a chair or a very high jump just to get up there.
Pictures will be coming soon. You may have heard me mention how my Canon is not favorable to taking pictures after its run in with the ruins in Mexico. However, my parents did lend me a Kodak to use, which would be perfect if my computer/camera hookup fit in this camera. Of course it doesn't though. So, until then, you will not see dorm pictures and I do apologize for that. Also, my aunt has decided to send me an old Nikon film camera that she found stashed away in her closet. I am truly excited for this one. It has been so long since I've made use of a regular film camera. I'm a sucker for a good old fashioned camera-- they're like art to me.

Nevertheless, here are some room pictures I find quite favorable. Of course, my dorm does not resemble any of these, but I must dream.











6 comments:

Fashion Court said...

happy belated!

Couture Carrie said...

Glad you had a good birthday and moved into the dorms ~ congrats! It will be fun to decorate your space, and these pics provide plenty of awesome inspiration; I especially like the last one!

xoxox,
CC

yiqin; said...

Very inspirational :)

erika sorocco said...

I aspire to live in Olivia Palermo's New York City apartment. And, perhaps, lead her life, as well! She's so fabulous!

Glad your birthday went well, and that you are finally settling into the dorms. A little decorating advice...a poster of Audrey Hepburn circa Breakfast At Tiffany's will make you feel right at home! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How fabulous is Betsey's light fixture? LOVE! And I hope you had a fab bday!

Glowing Doll said...

Is that Betsey Johnson in the second photo?