07 April 2009

female beuaty

Today I had to give a presentation on sexuality for my Sociology class. I made 2 posters: the first was from magazine ads advertising clothes and accessories on girls who are practically naked, such as Cesare Pacotti, Salvatore Ferragamo, Valextra, etc. Then, I did the second on women from the 50s and 60s era that used to pose for some pretty provocative pictures themselves. These women included Marilyn Monroe, Jane Mansfield, Betty Page, Edie Sedgwick, and Brigitte Bardot. The message was to show how sexuality really has not changed, but body image has. And I must say that it was a fun poster to do. There are so many beautiful attractive women from back then that are still in that same category today--it was a great time for feministic power if you ask me...





The other day I was in my backyard taking pictures and I ended up snapping one picture by accident of myself that came out kind of weird. In the picture I am wearing a dark gray t-shirt, but this really doesn't seem to show that. To me, it kinda looks like I am not wearing anything!

1 comment:

Amelia said...

That sounds like a really interesting project. I like the posters.