18 April 2009

COME ALONG FOR THE RIDE

"Listen my children and you shall hear
Of the midnight ride of Paul Revere,
On the eighteenth of April, in Seventy-five;
Hardly a man is now alive
Who remembers that famous day and year..."
--HENRY WADSWORTH LONGFELLOW--
(it's the anniversary of Paul Revere's ride--1775)



You know how in the movie SWEET HOME ALABAMA they discus all of those towns, such as Greenville and Pigeon Creek...Well I've been to both of them. I'll say I am originally from NY, so seeing these towns was a shocker to me when I first moved down here. But, it will be 3 years in June that I've lived here, and the state seems to grow on you if you keep it interesting and visit the cool things that the state does have to offer.
Today, we went to Greenville--an hour drive and all I bought was a nail file. Then on the way home, we drove through Georgiana, which is the boyhood home of Hank Williams Sr. (well, at least for about 4 years.) Nevertheless, there is a museum there now. I've been to it twice before. We didn't go inside this trip, but I did take pictures from the outside.







1 comment:

H @ Narnia's Closet said...

thanks for visiting my blog! i took a summer course in the south and was amazed by how different it really is from the nortth.