01 April 2009

All Fool's Day

Happy April Fool's Day. I have to make mention to this holiday even though I am not good at pulling pranks. It doesn't seem like anyone around me is really into them either. I haven't seen a good April prank in a long time. I hope you guys have a had a better day of pranks than I had.

Since I'm not too good at the pranks, I've read about a few on a website I found: One of my favorites was when Burger King put an add in the paper for a left-handed whopper, and thousands of customers came in to order one, as well as the right-handed people who came in to order the regular right-handed burger.

Something I hadn't realized was how April Fool's day is also called All Fool's Day, and that it's celebrated throughout the Western world. In France it's called "Poisson d'Avril," which translates to 'April Fish." It began when French children would tape a picture of a fish on the back of their schoolmates, and call after them "Poisson d'Avril" when the prank was found out.

Today was another long work day for me. But I did decide to take some pictures, if only to pass the 5 hours I had to be there. Notice the horrible yellow lighting...







1 comment:

Amelia said...

I'm glad no one tried to prank me. I don't take those things very well. Haha, I love the left-handed burger idea.

If your camera has white balance settings, you can adjust them so that the lighting doesn't look so yellow. Just a thought if you want to play around with it.