17 March 2009

A little bit of blarney for all...

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY TO ALL!!!!!!




St. Patrick's day is one of my favorite holidays. And the funny thing is that I'm not even Irish. I have no Irish blood, and none of my ancestors are from anywhere even close to Ireland. Nevertheless, I have became quite a big fan.




Interest Irish fact today:
There is a myth that St. Patrick chased all the snakes out of Ireland. This is also thought of as a metaphor for the conversion of Pagans and Druids to Catholicism and chase them from Ireland.
You can find interesting myths/facts, such as this one on this website.




I took the Irish theme today when I dressed. My t-shirt came from Target and it says "Erin Go Bragh"(Ireland forever). I also wore my shamrock bandanna that you can't very well see...




Google is so talented in their ideas to write their name on holidays. Today they did a very cool Irish theme:






Today had me in the mood for some Irish music. A couple of months ago an Irish band, Celtic Crossroads, were on tour in America and they came to my college to put on a show. Out of support, I bought their DVD, which also came with a CD. I really am a fan, and I encourage everyone to check them out if they don't know who they are.



The dancers were incredible:



All the musicians are very talented:




And for some fashion--today I thought I would put up some green styles...

Valentino:



Pollini:



Luella:



Chanel:




I'll leave you today with an Irish toast:

"May your neighbors respect you, Trouble neglect you,
The angel protect you, And Heaven accept you."

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

i love this post! very lovely. :-)

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Fun post. I am still on the hunt for a four leaf clover!

Anonymous said...

i love st patricks day! had so much fun at the parade yesterday