08 March 2009

Florida Weekend

I didn't get a chance to post last night because I was away on a weekend getaway to Florida. It's really convenient to live so close to the Florida border because it definitely makes it easier to go away on the weekends. We visited Panama City Beach, which has already begun to bring in spring breakers. We managed to walk along the beach, hit up some thrift stores, and eat sushi. Of course swimming was out of the question on this trip because it is still a little too cold, plus the waves were pretty big, which seemed to be a big help to surfers (we saw some out there). Then, this morning we left early and made our way into Destin to do some shopping (Destin has some truly great shopping), and eat some Mediterranean/Greek food. Overall, it seemed to be a pretty good trip.



But it was still relaxing enough to come home and blog and play with my dogs, as well as to find out that I won a presidential scholarship to my transfer college. As far as I'm concerned, they give you a free ride. It was very nice of them, as well as shocking for me since I had never won a scholarship before, but better late than never I guess.

No comments: