20 March 2009

Happy Spring!

Today is the birthday of the late Fred Rogers. Better known to most as Mister Rogers(You know: "Won't you be my neighbor." I grew up watching him, so I must join in remembering this amazing man. I don't know if any of you are aware, but he is an interesting character in his own right.
*He was an ordained Presbyterian minister.
*Most of the cardigans he wore on Mister Rogers were hand knitted by his own mother.
*One day, he and a friend were on a bus, and the passengers were so excited to see him that they all broke out into song of "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."




Happy 40th birthday to The Very Hungry Caterpillar. The beloved children's book by Eric Carle celebrated its anniversary today. And Google has taken notice when it has dedicated its title to this caterpillar...




This random bird was found randomly hanging in my backyard. I decided to snap a picture of it to show it off to you guys. It looks like a toucan to me, but my mom suspects it to be a parrot...




Went to play tennis today at my college. It's my favorite sport. I'm not perfect at it, but I do enjoy getting out there and whacking a few balls. And playing tennis reminded me of all the tennis greats that came before me...

Roger Federer:



Venus and Serena Williams:



Anna Kournikova:



Maria Sharpova:

No comments: