12 February 2009

you never forget your first time

a


So, this is my first blog. And I regret to say that there is nothing to exciting to inform you of today. My deepest apologies for that. So, I will begin this blog to tell you a little bit about myself. My name is Monica and I am 19 years old. I attend community college currently, but I will graduate in May with an A.A. degree. I'm an English major, which I absolutely love. I like writing and reading. Aside from writing and reading, I also love fashion, photography, art, and film. My favorite artists are Rene Magritte and Andy Warhol. I have a digital camera and I'm obsessed with taking pictures with it. It's cool to take pictures in an outfit and discover new angles from it. I love the movies...particularly in black and white...and particularly starring the Marx Brothers. Groucho Marx is my hero! They say that those plastic glasses with the eyebrows and mustache are designed after Groucho--I've been trying to get a pair, but no place around me wants to sell them :(. One day though, I'll find them. I love fashion. I love clothes. I love shopping. Shopping is one of the hobbies I spend a majority of my time doing. Although I don't make too much money, I do manage to score some good clothes. Last Friday I went to Destin, Florida. I got to hit up some thrift shops and Target. Then Sunday, I went to Maurices and bought a new outfit. And Tueday, after getting out of class early from a Sociology test, I had time to go to Wal Mart and pick up a long-sleeve shirt. Now I'm just waiting for the next time to go shopping. ..

P.S: the pictures are of what I wore today...
funny story: Someone actually told me that my boots reminded them of that gray hat with the bow that Aretha Franklin wore, which I take as a compliment because I love that hat.

No comments: