22 February 2009

Oscar Nominees

Oscar Night! One of my favorite nights that I look forward to every year. It's so full of glitz and glamour and some of the best dressed celebrities. Although red carpet events have to lead to outfit criticisms, I would personally like to see their outfits, but not have them criticized by people like Joan Rivers. But I guess it only makes you more legendary to be put on Joan Rivers worst dressed list. I truly believe that it is the amazing beauty of the celebrity that makes them worth looking at. Here are a few of my favorites that have graced the oscar scene throughout the decades...

There's just something about his smirk. Jack Nicholson is the posterboy for making mysterious sexy.

Align Center

Julie Andrews, Grace Kelly, and Audrey Hepburn shine brightly on their own, but together their style becomes legendarily iconic.



Elizabeth Taylor is as notorious for the oscars as she is for her repeated marriages.



The man deserving of a thousand Oscars: Gregory Peck.



And this year can only bring more excitement. The category I'm most looking forward to will be the Best Actor spot. I'm hoping to see Frank Langella(Frost/Nixon) walk home with an Oscar, but I will not complain if Sean Penn(Milk) wins either because he is very talented and deserving of an Oscar. Other Highlights I am looking forward to is to see Kate Winslet, winning and style-wise. She is definately deserving. As well as to see Ron Howard(Frost/Nixon) win Best Director. And I have to jump on the Slumdog Millionaire bandwagon and hope that they win Best Picture. I wish all the nominees a huge Good Luck and Congratulations!

No comments: